Emo, which is a shortcut for “emotional,” is an important fashion trend nowadays. Emo clothing is rooted in other fashion styles, such as goth and punk. Emo fashion is associated with dark tight-fitted clothes, with occasionally flashy accessories.
Emo t-shirts are important pieces in the closet of any emo. Emo t-shirts can be very symbolic and expressive of the person’s feelings and interests. If you want to dress like an emo, here are the basic characteristics of an emo t-shirt that you need to know.
- Emo t-shirts are typically dark colored t-shirts. A plain black t-shirt is a favorite among emos.
- If you are not into wearing plain dark-colored t-shirts, striped or checkered t-shirts will also do.
- Dark colored t-shirts mixed with other colors, such as neon, can also be worn.
- Typical designs for emo t-shirts include various ghoulish symbols, such as a skull or a broken heart.
- Emo t-shirts may also have logos of emo bands, such as Dashboard Confessional and Hawthorne Heights, printed on them.
- Emo t-shirts are usually slim-fitted.
Emo t-shirts are best worn with pencil-tight jeans, studded belts and oversized belt buckles, and a pair of Vans or Converse shoes. Also consider getting a pair of horn-rimmed glasses and a black messenger bag. To complete the emo look, it is advisable to get an emo haircut and put on some simple black eye make-up, such as eyeliner or eye shadow. These tips apply for both guys and girls.
Although these are the clothes commonly worn by emos, you should not be limited to these. Remember that being emo calls for a sense of creativity, individuality and non-conformity. Your clothes say a lot about who you are and what you are feeling at the moment. Be true to yourself! Be emo!
Taken from http://emohairstyle.blogspot.com/